Feta and pomegranate seeds add a pop of flavor and color to this easy-to-make appetizer.
- 1 baguette, thinly sliced into 1-inch slices
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 1 large avocado; peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 ounces lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place sliced bread on baking sheet and lightly brush all pieces with olive oil and salt. Bake until golden brown around the edges. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine avocado, lime juice and scallions; mash and blend until creamy. Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Spoon avocado mixture onto crostini pieces, top with pomegranate seeds and feta, and serve.
PER SERVING: 260 cal; 7g prot; 17g fat; 22g carb (5g sugars); 340mg sodium; 7g fiber
Live Naturally is excited to partner with Johnson & Wales University. Brianda Esquivel, Chef Adam Sacks, Taylor Sherwin and Emily Smith (l to r) developed these recipes. Known as a recognized leader in culinary education, JWU is changing the way the world eats. For info, visit jwu.edu/denver.