Heirloom Tomato Chile Salsa
May is Salsa Month! Spice up a barbecue or complement any Mexican dish.
- 1 1/2 pounds heirloom tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup diced, roasted Hatch or green chiles
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh cilantro
- 1/2 medium jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine tomatoes, chiles, onion and garlic in a medium-size bowl.
- Mix together vinegar, lime juice, cilantro and salt. Stir vinegar mixture into tomatoes and chiles mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes; flavors develop over a few hours.
Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 7mg | Fiber: 178g