Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 7 cups (1½ pounds) Swiss chard, leaves and inner stems removed
- 2/3 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 eggs; whisked, divided
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup dried currants
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted and divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 pear (any variety); peeled, cored and cut into ¼-inch slices
- Preheat oven to 375°. Grease a muffin tray.
- Blanch chard in a large pot of boiling water for 15 seconds, or until wilted. Drain and rinse under cold water. Squeeze out excess liquid; set aside.
- Combine ricotta and blue cheese in a bowl. Whisk in 1 egg and milk. Add chard, currants, 1/3 cup almonds and nutmeg.
- Cut pastry dough into 4×4-inch squares, and place into muffin tins.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of chard mixture into each puff pastry; then top with pear.
- Brush pastries with remaining egg mixture, and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon almonds.
- Bake 30 minutes uncovered, until pastry is golden.
Live Naturally is excited to partner with Johnson & Wales University. Madeleine Weitzner, Chef Adam Sacks and Sarah Rule (l to r) developed this recipe, with prep help from teaching assistants Nicole Sandor and Jake Bauer (not pictured). Known as a recognized leader in culinary education, JWU is changing the way the world eats. For info, visit jwu.edu/denver.
Calories: 410kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 27g | Sodium: 630mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post