Tropical Tomatillo Salsa
May is Salsa Month! Tart tomatillos blend with sweet fruit in this fresh salsa.
- 1½ pounds tomatillos, husked, cut into quarters
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/3 bunch cilantro, stems removed
- ¼ large sweet onion, cut into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapenos, diced
- ¼ cup water
- Salt to taste
- ¾ cup English cucumber, finely diced
- 1 mango, peeled and finely diced
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, cored and finely diced
- Place tomatillos, garlic, cilantro, onion and jalapenos in a blender. Pulse until finely minced. Add ¼ cup water and pulse until smooth. Add more water if needed for thinning. Pour into a serving bowl; add salt to taste. Stir in the cucumber, mango and pineapple.