- 6 ounces brown rice fettuccine noodles
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 medium head of broccoli, cut into florets
- Scrambled egg, optional
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons tamari (be sure to use tamari instead of traditional soy sauce, which contains wheat)
- 2 tablespoons nut butter
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- Cook rice noodles according to package instructions.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Add oil, garlic and ginger; sauté until fragrant, 2–3 minutes. Add onion, and sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, carrots and broccoli, and continue to sauté until desired tenderness is reached.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients. Add cooked rice noodles and sauce to the skillet (and scrambled egg, if using); stir until evenly coated. Serve with a squeeze of lime.
Source: Eating Purely: More than 100 All-Natural Gluten-Free Recipes for a Healthy Life (Skyhorse, 2015) by Elizabeth Stein