Dark Chocolate Avocado Mousse
This keto-friendly dessert is rich in healthy fat from coconut oil and fresh avocado.
- 2/3 cup 70% or higher dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 avocado, large, ripe
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, raw
- 2 teaspoons all-natural sweetener (Organic Stevia, Monkfruit Extract or Erythritol)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Toppings: fresh berries, unsweetened shredded coconut, dark chocolate covered almonds or serve with fresh fruit veggie skewers to dip
- In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Reduce heat to low.
- Place a glass bowl on top and melt chocolate, taking care to stir so chocolate doesn’t seize. Remove bowl. You can also use a double boiler to melt chocolate.
- Add cocoa, almond milk, coconut oil, sweetener and vanilla extract to melted chocolate and mix well.
- Scoop out avocado flesh and blend into chocolate mixture. You can use a hand or stick blender to achieve a smooth consistency.
- Place in individual serving cups, Mason jars or GoStak containers for easy portability.