Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 2 medium-size zucchini
- Chiffonaded fresh basil or finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Diced black or kalamata olives
- 3/4 cups raw cashews or macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons Italian Spice mix (optional)
Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce (Makes 1 cup sauce):
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes soaked in 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped into 1/2-inch chunks (1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Soak the cashews and pine nuts in about 2 cups of water for 10 minutes. Soak the sun-dried tomatoes in 1/4 cup of hot water for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice each zucchini into eighteen 1/16-inch-thick rounds, using either a mandoline or a sharp knife. Set aside.
- Prepare the sauce by placing all its the ingredients, including the sun-dried tomatoes and soaking water, in a blender and blending until creamy.
- Prepare the Notta Ricotta: Drain and rinse the soaked nuts well. Transfer to a food processor or strong blender with the remaining Notta Ricotta ingredients and process until smooth. If you are using a blender, you may need to add additional water.
- Create the ravioli by placing a small amount of Notta Ricotta in the center of a zucchini slice. Top with an additional zucchini slice and seal by pinching the two slices together along the edges. Repeat with the remaining zucchini. To serve, drizzle with sauce and garnish with basil and diced olives.
- You can bump up the flavor of the Notta Ricotta by adding 1 teaspoon each of finely chopped fresh rosemary, oregano, thyme, and/or sage.
- Top with pesto.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of Tapenade to each ravioli.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post