Recipe Type: Dinner
Author: Chef Lorenzo Boni
- 1 box Barilla Angel Hair
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 3 cups baby kale, packed
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained
- Bring a large pot of water to boil; cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, process the garlic and walnuts; when incorporated, stir in the kale, basil and 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil along with 4 ice cubes, process until pesto is formed.
- Separately, in a hot large skillet, sauté the halved tomatoes with remaining olive oil; stir in cannellini beans and season with salt and pepper.
- When pasta is cooked al dente, drain the pasta and toss with the pesto, tomato & bean mixture and cheese just before serving.
Tip: Don’t have time to make your own pesto? Try Barilla pesto sauce for a quick and delicious meal!