Recipe Type: Salad
Author: Mark Reinfeld
- 4 cups loosely packed mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup alfalfa, clover, or broccoli sprouts
- 1/2 cup crunchy sprout mix (typically includes lentils, adzuki beans, and peas)
- 1 cup cooked, drained, and rinsed and drained chickpeas
- 2 ounces sunflower, buckwheat or pea sprouts
- 3/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons pitted and sliced kalamata olives, or your choice of olives
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds (optional)
- Place the salad greens in a bowl.
- Top with the alfalfa sprouts and crunchy sprouts. Add the chickpeas, and sunflower sprouts.
- Top with the cherry tomatoes and olives, sprinkle with hemp seeds, if using, drizzle with your dressing of choice, and feel the power!
Variations: Replace the chickpeas with your favorite beans, such as kidney, navy, or great northern. Add chopped vegetables of your choosing, such as red cabbage, cucumber, tomato, broccoli or cauliflower. Add sliced avocado. Replace the hemp seeds with other raw or toasted seeds and/or nuts, such as sesame, pumpkin, walnuts, or pecans. Top with pomegranate seeds.
Recipe Courtesy of Da Capo Lifelong Press and Chef Mark Reinfeld of Vegan Fusion and the Doctor and the Chef (www.doctorandchef.com).