Photo Credit: Mark Reinfeld
Super Sprout Salad
Add chopped vegetables of your choosing, such as red cabbage, cucumber, tomato, broccoli or cauliflower. And mix up the beans, too.
- 4 cups loosely packed mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup alfalfa, clover, or broccoli sprouts
- 1/2 cup crunchy sprout mix (typically includes lentils, adzuki beans, and peas)
- 1 cup cooked, drained, and rinsed chickpeas
- 2 ounces sunflower, buckwheat, or pea sprouts
- 2/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons pitted and sliced kalamata olives, or your choice of olives
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds (optional)
- Place the salad greens in a bowl.
- Top with the alfalfa sprouts and crunchy sprouts. Add the chickpeas, and sunflower sprouts.
- Top with the cherry tomatoes and olives, sprinkle with hemp seeds, if using, drizzle with your dressing of choice, and feel the power!
- Replace the chickpeas with your favorite beans, such as kidney, navy, or great northern.
- Add chopped vegetables of your choosing, such as red cabbage, cucumber, tomato, broccoli, or cauliflower.
- Add sliced avocado.
- Replace the hemp seeds with other raw or toasted seeds and/or nuts, such as sesame, pumpkin, walnuts, or pecans.
- Top with pomegranate seeds.
- Try this recipe for Raw Hempseed Ranch Dressing on this salad, courtesy of Healing the Vegan Way