The next time you’re grilling chicken satay, add a little spice to your peanut sauce. Sriracha has a sweet and garlicky heat that provides oomph to the toasty peanut flavor. Or thin this spicy peanut sauce to create a tasty Asian salad dressing. Add lime juice for a tropical-fruity tang. Try on steamed vegetables and tofu, too.
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon lime juice, optional
- In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter and hot water. Stir to combine (loosening up the peanut butter).
- Add Sriracha, soy sauce, sesame oil and optional lime juice. Stir to combine.
- Salt to taste; then serve.
TIP: To use as an Asian salad dressing, add extra hot water (1–2 additional tablespoons) to thin the peanut sauce.