Shop IngredientsHow this works
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 1 chile (jalapeño or other), minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 2 (12-ounce) cans coconut milk
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée or 2 cups homemade cooked pumpkin
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the bell pepper, onion, and salt, and sauté, stirring often, until the vegetables are soft and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in the chile and garlic, and continue to cook, stirring, for 3 minutes longer. Add the coconut milk and pumpkin, stir to combine, reduce the heat to low, and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cool the sauce in the refrigerator, then freeze in a sealed freezer bag. The sauce will keep in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- To serve, defrost the night before in the fridge. Then simply pour the sauce from the bag into a saucepan and warm over medium heat until it is hot throughout. Enjoy it on your choice of base.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post