Photo Credit: Vegan Fusion
Raw Carrot Brazil Nut Soup
- 3 portobello mushrooms; scrape out gills with a spoon, and slice thinly
- 2 cups fresh carrot juice
- ½ cup Brazil nuts
- ½ cup peeled and pitted avocado
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons peeled and minced fresh turmeric
- 2 teaspoons seeded and diced jalapeño pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of chipotle chile powder
- 1 cup fresh or frozen (thawed) corn
- ½ cup seeded and diced red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh dill
- Place 2 cups of the carrot juice in a blender. Add all the remaining ingredients, except the corn, red bell pepper, and dill, and blend well.
- Add the remaining 2 cups of carrot juice and blend well. Transfer to a bowl. Add the corn, red bell pepper, and dill, and mix well before serving. Serve chilled.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Mark Reinfeld of Vegan Fusion and the Doctor and the Chef. Mark is the author of 7 vegan cookbooks and a 2017 Inductee into the Vegetarian Hall of Fame Calling all budding chefs and home cooks! Submit your favorite plant-based recipe for a chance to win $1000, plus 15 fabulous runner-up prizes from Vitamix, Simple Truth, and chef Mark Reinfeld. Click here to learn more!