Recipe Type: Soup
Author: Mark Reinfeld
Yield: 6 cups
Serves: Serves 6
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 3 portobello mushrooms; scrape out gills with a spoon, and slice thinly
- 4 cups fresh carrot juice
- ½ cup Brazil nuts
- ½ cup peeled and pitted avocado
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons peeled and minced fresh turmeric
- 2 teaspoons seeded and diced jalapeño pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of chipotle chile powder
- 1 cup fresh or frozen (thawed) corn
- ½ cup seeded and diced red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh dill
- Place 2 cups of the carrot juice in a blender. Add all the remaining ingredients, except the corn, red bell pepper, and dill, and blend well.
- Add the remaining 2 cups of carrot juice and blend well. Transfer to a bowl. Add the corn, red bell pepper, and dill, and mix well before serving. Serve chilled.
Calling all budding chefs and home cooks! Submit your favorite plant-based recipe for a chance to win $1000, plus 15 fabulous runner-up prizes from Vitamix, Simple Truth, and chef Mark Reinfeld. Click here to learn more!