In the fall, everywhere you go there is something infused with pumpkin spice, and it’s almost always accompanied by a generous amount of processed sugar. As strong believers in healthy sweets, Traditional Medicinals decided to go beyond the typical pumpkin spice latte by removing refined sugars and adding some of their favorite plant allies to an Ayurveda inspired golden milk.
From a traditional herbal medicine perspective, fall signifies both the end and beginning of a cycle. The end of summer, a yang season full of fiery energy and long hot days, and the beginning of autumn, a yin season which brings in cooling, restorative energy. This harvest time, both literally and figuratively, is an opportunity to enjoy the fruits of your labor and reflect on the completion of a cycle.
Consistent with this energetic piece, herbalists recommend heartier foods, roots, rhizomes, and herbal formulas in the fall to build up the immune system and aid digestion in preparation for the busy holiday season. This rhizome rich, warming golden milk fits the bill, while also doubling as a delicious seasonal treat. The essential ingredient is Traditional Medicinals’ Turmeric with Meadowsweet & Ginger tea.
- 1 bag Turmeric with Meadowsweet and Ginger tea
- 1 cup of hot water
- ¼ cup of hot almond milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Boil water and steep a cup of the Turmeric with Meadowsweet and Ginger tea.
- Pour hot tea into a blender. Add hot almond milk and remaining ingredients.
- Blend until froth begins to form, then pour into the tea cup.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick and a dash of pumpkin spice and enjoy!