Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 large carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup basil leaves
- ½ cup cilantro leaves and tender stems
- ¼ cup snipped chives or thinly sliced scallions (green part only)
- 6 large cloves garlic
- ¼ cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- 2 inch piece gingerroot, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup peanut butter, chunky or smooth
- ½ cup warm water
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- ¼ cup tahini pasta
- 1 tablespoon honey or sweet chili sauce
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth or to desired consistency, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add more sesame oil, honey, or soy sauce to taste.
Excerpted from The Pesto Cookbook © by Olwen Woodier. Photo by © Lara Ferroni. Used with permission from Storey Publishing.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post