- 1 cup instant oats
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance Butter Spread (or regular unsalted butter), melted and cooled slightly
- 1 large egg white, room temperature
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons almond or soy milk, room temperature
- 1 medium-sized peeled, freshly grated carrot
- 1/8 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- Brown sugar, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325°; line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together butter, egg white, honey and vanilla. Stir in milk. Add in flour mixture, stirring just until incorporated. Gently fold in carrots and pumpkin seeds. Chill dough in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Place 16 rounded scoops of cookie dough onto prepared sheet, and flatten to desired thickness with a spatula. Sprinkle cookies with brown sugar. Bake 10–13 minutes. Cool on pan 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
PER SERVING: 160 CAL; 4G PROTEIN; 5G FAT; 27G CARB (10G SUGARS); 110MG SODIUM; 3G FIBER