Recipe Type: Breakfast
Author: Califia FarmsⓇ
- 1 cup Califia FarmsⓇUnsweetened Vanilla Almondmilk
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup ground flax meal
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 8 thick slices day old multigrain bread
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2 cups cornflake cereal, crushed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil for cooking
- Warm maple syrup for serving
- In a shallow bowl whisk to combine almondmilk, almond flour, flax meal, and maple syrup. Set aside for 10-15 minutes until batter thickens.
- While batter rests, place four slices of bread on a clean work surface and spread each with 1 tablespoon almond butter. Top with remaining slices of bread to create sandwiches.
- Place crushed cornflakes in a pie pan or large plate.
- Warm 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Dip both sides of two sandwiches in milk batter, then coat in crushed cornflakes and place in skillet. Cook 5-6 minutes per side or until golden brown and remove from pan. Warm remaining tablespoon of oil and repeat assembly and cooking with remaining two sandwiches.
- Serve with warm maple syrup.
Recipe Courtesy of Califia Farms.