Wild Blueberry Pie With Pecan Crust
Pecans and blueberries are a delicious combination.
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
For the crust (slightly adapted from Emeril Lagasse):
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup ground pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ sticks, butter cold
For the filling (slightly adapted from Mario Batali):
- 5 cups wild blueberries, fresh or frozen, washed and stems removed
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1½ tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- To make crust:In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, pecans, sugar, and salt. Mix well. Add the butter and mix until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the water and mix again. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and place it on a lightly floured surface. Cut the dough into two equal parts. Roll one out on the floured surface into a circle about 12 inches in diameter. Gently place it into a 9 by 2-inch deep-dish pie pan. Roll out 2nd half of dough for a top.
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Gently toss the berries with the flour, cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Pour the berries into the pie shell. Scatter the butter over the berries. Place the second crust over the pie and crimp the edges to seal. With a sharp knife, cut a few slashes in the top crust to vent. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until the crust is brown and the filling bubbles up through the vents.
- Cool completely before serving.
- Theresa Greco is the creator of The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine, where she shares her passion for delicious food and a healthy lifestyle with recipes and reviews. She spends her days working as a law librarian, but her nights and weekends are spent as a home chef, avid food writer and social media expert. She enjoys motivating people to eat healthier both in and out of the kitchen with recipes and dining choices that are inspired by her love for home cooked/non-processed foods.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post