Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 large russet potato, baked
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup roasted red pepper, finely diced
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles, drained
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1½ cups panko breadcrumbs
- ⅔ cup hemp or sesame seeds
- ½ cup grated pepper jack cheese, or tofu
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¾ cup sour cream
- Juice of ½ lime
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- Scoop out potato from skin. Place in a large mixing bowl with quinoa and beans.
- Heat medium skillet; add 2 tablespoons oil and then onions. Sauté 10 minutes, until soft. Stir in red pepper and green chiles.
- Mix spices, and divide in half. Add half to cooked onions; sauté 3 minutes, until fragrant. Add onion-spice blend to bowl; stir well. Mash ingredients until beans are broken and potatoes are smoothly blended.
- In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, seeds and remaining half of spices. Stir well. Spoon out a ½ cup, and add to potato/bean mixture. Add cheese. Stir until mixed. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place rest of crumbs on a plate. Pat out croquettes into patties, either small rounds for a starter or larger patties for a main course. Dredge in the crumbs, and coat well.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet over medium heat. Brown croquettes on each side, about 3 minutes.
- Stir sour cream, lime juice and cilantro for sauce.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post