Photo Credit: Shutterstock
Vegan Pumpkin Black Bean Quesadillas
With a hint of sweet heat, this is a savory, vitamin-packed, plant-based appetizer or kid-friendly main meal perfect for the fall season.
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
Servings: 4 8-inch quesadillas
- 1 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic Italian Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 can (15 ounce) Simple Truth Solid Packed Pumpkin
- 1 can (15 ounce) Simple Truth Organic Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup Kroger Simple Truth Organic Super Sweet Whole Corn Kernels, drained
- 1 cup vegan cheddar shreds (try Daiya)
- 8 Simple Truth 8-inch Wheat Flour Tortillas
- Optional garnishes: cilantro or flat-leaf parsley, salsa, vegan sour cream
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil on medium-high heat. Add garlic. Sauté about a minute, or until garlic is golden. Add canned pumpkin. Stir in cumin, chili powder,and salt. Cook 3 minutes, or until pumpkin is heated through. Add a splash of water if needed to avoid sticking. Remove from heat.
- To assemble quesadillas, divide seasoned pumpkin and spread evenly onto 4 tortillas. Evenly distribute 1⁄3 cup of drained black beans onto each tortilla. Evenly distribute 2 tablespoons of corn onto each tortilla. Sprinkle ¼ cup of vegan cheddar shreds onto each tortilla. Place a tortilla over the filling.
- Spray large pan with cooking spray. Heat to medium-high. One at a time, cook quesadillas on both sides, until each side is golden brown and cheddar shreds have melted.
- Cut quesadillas into quarters and serve topped with optional garnishes.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post