Vegan Pumpkin Black Bean Quesadillas
With a hint of sweet heat, this is a savory, vitamin-packed, plant-based
appetizer or kid-friendly main meal perfect for the fall season.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 8-inch quesadillas
- 1 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic Italian Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 can (15 ounce) Simple Truth Solid Packed Pumpkin
- 1 can (15 ounce) Simple Truth Organic Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup Kroger Simple Truth Organic Super Sweet Whole Corn Kernels, drained
- 1 cup vegan cheddar shreds (try Daiya)
- 8 Simple Truth 8-inch Wheat Flour Tortillas
- Optional garnishes: cilantro or flat-leaf parsley, salsa, vegan sour cream
In a medium saucepan, heat oil on
medium-high heat. Add garlic. Sauté
about a minute, or until garlic is golden.
Add canned pumpkin. Stir in cumin,
chili powder,and salt. Cook 3 minutes,
or until pumpkin is heated through. Add
a splash of water if needed to avoid
sticking. Remove from heat.
To assemble quesadillas, divide
seasoned pumpkin and spread evenly
onto 4 tortillas. Evenly distribute 1⁄3
cup of drained black beans onto each
tortilla. Evenly distribute 2 tablespoons
of corn onto each tortilla. Sprinkle ¼
cup of vegan cheddar shreds onto each
tortilla. Place a tortilla over the filling.
Spray large pan with cooking spray.
Heat to medium-high. One at a time,
cook quesadillas on both sides, until
each side is golden brown and cheddar
shreds have melted.
Cut quesadillas into quarters and
serve topped with optional garnishes.