Photo Credit: Mark Reinfeld
Coconut Maple Glazed Sweet Potatoes
Creamy and decadent, this luscious dish is a perfect side to serve at a holiday feast. Use both garnet and purple sweet potatoes for the most vibrant colors.
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
- ½ cup water
- 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- ½ cup full fat or lite coconut milk
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice mix
- Pinch sea salt
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts, optionally toasted in a 350° oven for 10 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place the water in a 9 inch by 13 inch casserole dish. Add the sweet potatoes, cut side on the top. Cover with aluminum foil, being sure not to have the foil contact the food, and bake until just tender, approximately 45 minutes, depending upon the size of the sweet potatoes. Remove from the oven.
- Place the coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla, pumpkin spice mix, and salt in a small bowl and whisk well.
- Poke some holes in the sweet potatoes with a fork. Pour the coconut milk mixture over the potatoes and return to the oven. Bake for an additional 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and place potatoes on a serving dish.
- Top with any of the coconut milk mixture left in the dish, as well as the chopped walnuts before serving.
- Serve alongside a Vegan Pecan Sage Holiday Loaf.
Recipe Courtesy of Da Capo Lifelong Press and Chef Mark Reinfeld of Vegan Fusion and the Doctor and the Chef (www.doctorandchef.com).
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post