Photo Credit: White Wave Foods
Vegan Blueberry Muffins
Dairy- and gluten-free, these sweet, spongy muffins are a treat for anyone, regardless of diet restrictions.
Share this Post
Servings: 12 large muffins
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons raw/turbinado sugar (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup neutral cooking oil (we used avocado oil)
- 6 tablespoons So Delicious® or Silk® Plain Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative
- 1/2 cup So Delicious or Silk Dairy-Free Vanilla Almondmilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Earthbound Farm® Frozen Blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 400° and add muffin liners to a muffin tin with 12 wells.
- Except for 1 tsp of baking powder, add all dry ingredients to a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a separate, large mixing bowl, whisk the oil and Yogurt Alternative together.
- Add the Almondmilk and 1 tsp of baking powder to the oil/yogurt mixture then whisk to combine.
- Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients to the wet until a stiff batter forms (you may need additional Almondmilk as necessary to make it workable)
- Fold in the blueberries using a spoon or spatula until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into each liner until almost full.
- Garnish the tops with a sprinkle of turbinado sugar before baking (optional).
- Bake at 400° for 15-22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from the tin and serving.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post