Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 3 cups pitted sour cherries or 2 cans water-packed sour cherries (drained, but reserve the juice)
- ½ cup light red wine (pinot noir or Bordeaux)
- ½ cup sugar
- 7 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 cup water (if using fresh sour cherries)
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup sweet fresh or frozen cherries (thawed)
- Vanilla ice cream
- Unsweetened dark or semi-sweet chocolate, grated for garnish
- Put sour cherries, red wine, sugar, yogurt and lemon juice in a blender. Puree until smooth and sugar is dissolved. Thin with cherry water or water until it’s a thick soup; blend well. Add cinnamon and salt; then blend again. Taste, and adjust seasoning.
- Chill at least 1 hour, until ready to serve.
- Serve in small glasses. Pour soup over sweet cherries and a small scoop of ice cream. Top with grated chocolate.
Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 54mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 39g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post