Superseed Baked French Toast
This recipe was developed by Mark Reinfeld, a 2017 Inductee into the Vegetarian Hall of Fame, multi-award winning chef and author of eight books, including his latest, The Ultimate Age-Defying Plan.
August 17, 1-3 p.m. “Food as Medicine”— Speaker Series @ Food As Medicine Stage
August 17, 4:30-5 p.m. “Chef Mark Reinfeld Book Signing”—Book Signing @ Book Signing Stage
August 17, 6-6:45 p.m. “Vegan Fusion”— Cooking Demo @ Cooking Demo Kitchen. Learn from Chef Mark on how to make your own plant-based milk and cheese, as well as a creative way to use the popular tropical fruit, jackfruit, as he demystifies the art of plant-based cuisine and shares recipes, tips, wit, and wisdom from his eighth cookbook, The Ultimate Age-Defying Plan, co-authored with Ashley Boudet N.D.
- 6-8 slices bread
- 1 cup almond milk or soy or coconut milk
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds raw or toasted
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds raw or toasted
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon or cardamom
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place dipping mixture ingredients in a bowl and whisk well.
- Place superseed crust ingredients in a food processor and process until well ground. Transfer to a shallow dish.
- Dip each piece of bread in dipping mixture until soaked through. Place on plate with superseed crust, and coat both sides of bread with superseed crust. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Place in oven and cook 15 minutes. Carefully flip and cook an additional 15 minutes before