Recipe Type: Entree
Author: Kimberly Lord Stewart
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, finely diced (wash, but don’t peel)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (16-ounce) jar sweet red roasted peppers, drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can whole green chiles, drained
- 2 cups organic chicken or vegetable broth
- ¼ cup cashew or oat milk (soy or almond OK, too)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Tortilla chips, for garnish
- Heat a soup pot over medium-low heat. Add oil, onion and carrot. Sauté 13 minutes, or until onions and carrot are soft. Add garlic, and sauté until fragrant.
- Place onion, carrot and garlic in a blender. Add red peppers, chiles, broth and milk. Puree on high speed, about 5 minutes, until very smooth.
- Return to heat, and warm up (do not allow to boil). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
PER SERVING: 149 CAL; 9G PROTEIN; 4G FAT; 11G CARB (3G SUGARS); 510MG SODIUM; 3G FIBER (NUTRITIONAL VALUES CALCULATED AT NUTRITIONDATA.SELF.COM)