Super-Quick Sweet Red Pepper and Green Chile Bisque
With the help of a few pantry items and a quick sauté, you won’t believe how quickly this recipe comes together.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, finely diced (wash, but don’t peel)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (16-ounce) jar sweet red roasted peppers, drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can whole green chiles, drained
- 1 cups organic chicken or vegetable broth
- ¼ cup cashew or oat milk (soy or almond OK, too)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Tortilla chips, for garnish
Heat a soup pot over medium-low heat. Add oil, onion and carrot. Sauté 13 minutes, or until onions and carrot are soft. Add garlic, and sauté until fragrant.
Place onion, carrot and garlic in a blender. Add red peppers, chiles, broth and milk. Puree on high speed, about 5 minutes, until very smooth.
Return to heat, and warm up (do not allow to boil). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve with tortilla chips.
Calories: 149kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 510mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g