Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 2 jalapenos, halved and seeded
- 1 olive oil
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Toss jalapenos with olive oil, and spread them evenly on a baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 8 minutes. When cool, dice jalapenos into confetti-like pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine goat cheese, cream cheese, honey and roasted jalapeno. Set aside, and lower oven to 350°.
- Rinse and cook quinoa according to package instructions. Let it cool slightly; then mix in eggs, spices, salt and pepper.
Place a small amount of the quinoa mixture in a 1-inch cookie scoop and press it into a thin layer along the inside of the scoop. Place a 1/2 teaspoon of the cheese mixture in the scoop; then cover it with more quinoa. Place the scoop on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Spray with cooking spray and bake for 18–20 minutes or until golden and the poppers hold together.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post