Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 3 tablespoons loose black tea, or 6 black tea bags
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups whole milk
- 10 green cardamom pods, cracked
- 1 whole cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 4 black pepper pods
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- Packed brown sugar, to taste
- In a small pot, bring water to a boil.
- Add ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and pepper. Simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until water reduces slightly.
- Remove pot from the heat, and add black tea. Steep for several minutes.
- Return pot to medium heat and add milk. Stir occasionally, making sure the mixture doesn’t boil.
- Stirr in sugar to taste.
- Once the top becomes frothy, remove from heat and steep for a minute.
- Strain tea into a cup or mug.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post