Smoky Red Lentil Nachos
Your Super Bowl party guests won’t even realize that this dish is vegan.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 heaping teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 small, diced yellow onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Muir Glen Organic Tomato Paste
- 1 28oz. can Muir Glen Organic Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked, rinsed red lentils
- Heat oil in a medium stock pot.
- Add in ancho chili powder, chipotle powder, smoked paprika and cinnamon.
- Sauté spices for a minute. Add yellow onion and garlic.
- Sauté for 2-3 min. Stir in tomato paste. In a blender, puree tomatoes.
- Add pureed tomatoes, water, sea salt and unsweetened cocoa powder to the pot with the onions and spices.
- Bring everything to a simmer. Add lentils, and cook on medium low heat (at a simmer) for 25-30 minutes until thickened and lentils are tender.
- Serve over your favorite tortilla chips with toppings of choice, such as a vegan chipotle cheese sauce and avocado.