Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 jalapeno (remove seeds and chop)
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 16oz Kite Hill Plain Unsweetened Yogurt
- 6 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon agave or maple syrup (or sub sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- Cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Tomato, chopped (optional)
- Heat large skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Once hot, add butter and let it melt and start to sizzle - about 1 minute.
- Add minced garlic and jalapeño peppers and stir. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently, then turn down heat.
- Add flour 1 tablespoon at a time and whisk
- Cook for 1 minute, then whisk in 16 oz yogurt, ½ cup at a time, until creamy.
- Cook in skillet for 2 minutes, whisking frequently. Add nutritional yeast, salt, sweetener of choice, and hot sauce. (Optional: add to blender on high until creamy and smooth.)
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more nutritional yeast for extra cheesiness, salt for savoriness, or sweetener for flavor balance.
- Simmer on low for 5 minutes, whisking or stirring often, to thicken.
- Turn off heat and garnish with tomato and fresh cilantro (optional).
- Store leftovers in a glass jar or container in the refrigerator up to 4-5 days. Reheat in the microwave or in a small saucepan over medium heat.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post