Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 2 1/4 pounds floury potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 5 tablespoons dairy-free spread, plus extra for frying and topping
- 2/3 cup unsweetened oat milk
- 1 3/4 cups chopped leek
- 4 cups chopped white cabbage
- salt and black pepper
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until thoroughly soft.
- Drain, then mash the potatoes using a potato masher. Add the dairy-free spread and oat milk and stir together to make a smooth mash. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- While the potatoes are boiling, gently fry the leek and cabbage in dairy-free spread until they have softened but without letting them color.
- Fold the cabbage mixture into the mash. Pile into a bowl, make a little dip in the middle, add a dollop of dairy-free spread and leave to melt. To finish off, crack some pepper over the mash.
Excerpted from Happy Vegan Comfort Food © 2020 By Karoline Jönsson. Published by Pavilion.
Calories: 377kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 15g | Sodium: 192mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 7g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post