Salmon Crab Cakes
Serve salmon crab cakes on top of spinach or arugula. Drizzle with a teaspoon of ranch dressing. Yum!
Share this Post
Shopping ToolsHow this works
- 6 ounces canned boneless, skinless wild salmon (We used Wild Planet)
- 6 ounces crab meat (We used Wild Planet)
- 1/4 cup lowfat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Greek style yogurt
- 1 medium egg
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs, divided (we used Ian’s gluten free Panko)
- 1/4 medium red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1 medium mango, diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 pinch salt
- cooking oil (we used a combination of grape seed oil and olive oil – about 2 tablespoons each)
- 4 teaspoon ranch salad dressing (optional)
- Drain excess liquid from salmon and crab and add to bowl. Use a fork to combine and mix the salmon and crab together well. Add mayonnaise, yogurt and egg to mixture and mix again. Stir in 1/4 cup bread crumbs, red bell pepper, onion, salt and pepper. Mix into small patties (we used an Ice cream scoop and then patted them down). Squeeze together firmly before patting down. Place patty one at a time in remaining bread crumbs. Refreigerate patties and make avocado-mango topping.
- Prepare avocado mango mixture by gently stirring together avocado, mango, lime juice and sea salt. If you like a kick to your dishes, add a dash or two of tabasco or hot pepper sauce. Set aside.
- Add oil to skillet and heat over medium high. Place salmon crab cakes in skillet. Brown and cook for about 4 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet and place on paper towels or clean kitchen towel to take up excess oil.
- Serve salmon crab cakes on top of spinach or arugula. Drizzle with a teaspoon of ranch dressing (we used a yogurt-based dressing). Top with a tablespoon or two of avocado mango mixture.
Calories: 398kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 121mg | Sodium: 811mg | Fiber: 3g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post