Photo Credit: Aaron Colussi
Roasted Pepper, Fontina and Arugula Salad
Peppery arugula gives this salad a nice flavor kick.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 cups arugula, loosely packed
- 1 bulb fennel, washed and thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 red peppers; seeded, roasted, peeled, cut into ½-inch strips
- 4 ounces fontina cheese, sliced into strips
- Toasted sliced almonds
- Whisk together oil, vinegar and garlic in a large bowl. Add arugula and fennel; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide arugula and fennel mixture among eight salad plates. Divide peppers and cheese strips; arrange on top of arugula.
- Sprinkle salt and ground black pepper over salads, if desired, and serve.
Live Naturally is excited to partner with Johnson & Wales University. Madeleine Weitzner, Chef Adam Sacks and Sarah Rule (l to r) developed this recipe, with prep help from teaching assistants Nicole Sandor and Jake Bauer (not pictured). Known as a recognized leader in culinary education, JWU is changing the way the world eats. For info, visit jwu.edu/denver.
Calories: 120kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Sodium: 808mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g