Roasted Eggplant and Red Pepper Dip
This creamy dip is an excellent centerpiece for a platter-style lunch. Serve alongside pita chips, raw vegetable sticks and olives. Or pair with a simple chickpea salad: toss a can of chickpeas with lemon juice, fresh parsley, salt and pepper.
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into ½-inch rounds
- 1 medium red bell pepper, large pieces
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoons salt, divided
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Feta cheese, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place eggplant and pepper slices on sheet, and brush with 2 tablespoons olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt and freshly ground pepper. Spread in a single layer. Roast for about 20 minutes, until eggplant is golden.
- Transfer vegetables to a blender or food processor. Add remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Sprinkle with feta and drizzle with olive oil before serving. Store in fridge for up to 1 week.