Recipe Type: Entree
Author: Pure Blends
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. Pure Blends™ Coconut Oil Plant-Based Butter, divided
- 1/4 cup plain panko bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 quart unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 5 ounces cheddar-style dairy free shreds
- 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast seasoning
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni, cooked until al dente and drained
- Combine 1 Tbsp. Pure Blends™ Coconut Oil Plant-Based Butter with bread crumbs and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, whisk together 1 1/2 Tbsp. Plant-Based Butter with flour to make a roux. When the mixture becomes a paste and light blond in color, gradually add the almond milk and garlic, whisking or stirring to work out any lumps. Simmer the sauce, stirring frequently, until it is smooth, reduced and slightly thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in vegan “cheese” and nutritional yeast. Season, if desired, with salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Toss sauce with cooked pasta and pour into shallow baking dish. Top with crumbs and bake 30 minutes or until bubbly.
PER SERVING: Calories 630, Total Fat 17g, Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1.5g, Monounsaturated Fat 3g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 590mg, Total Carbs 101g, Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 4g, Protein 16g, Vitamin D 2mcg, Calcium 230mg, Iron 4mg, Potassium 218mg, Omega-3 0g, Omega-6 0g