Photo Credit: Annette Slade
Pea Pesto Pasta with Basil and Mint
Congratulations to Danielle Cole of Boston, Mass., the winner of our vegan recipe contest! This easy-to-prepare recipe makes a great plant-based entrée or side dish.
Share this Post
Shopping ToolsHow this works
- 1 1/2 cups frozen Simple Truth Organic Green Peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- Juice of 1 lemon, about 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 large or 2 small garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoons water or Simple Truth Organic Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil, to thin
- 8 ounces Simple Truth Organic Spaghetti Whole Wheat (or substitute Simple Truth Organic Gluten Free Spaghetti for a gluten-free option)
- Extra peas and chopped basil and mint, for serving (optional)
- Thinly sliced radish, for serving (optional)
- Bring 2 quarts of salted water to a rapid boil.
- While waiting for water to boil, add pesto ingredients to a food processor or high-speed blender; start with 1 tablespoon of water or olive oil and increase if needed. Blend until a thick but creamy pesto is achieved.
- Once water is boiling, add spaghetti and return to a boil. Cook uncovered 9–11 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta, and reserve some of the water. Return drained pasta to pot.
- Combine drained spaghetti and pesto sauce in pot. Toss pasta to ensure even coating. Add some of the reserved pasta water if a thinner pesto sauce is desired.
- To serve, divide pasta among four bowls and add extra peas, chopped basil and mint, and sliced radishes, if using. Enjoy!
Click here for the full list of winners. HOW-TO VIDEO:
Calories: 210kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 593mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 4g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post