Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 3 cups whole-wheat sourdough bread cut into 1-inch cubes
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1½ cups cooked chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 5 ounces skipjack tuna; packed in water drained
- 1 cup (about 1 largcucumber diced
- ½ cup radishes thinly sliced
- ½ medium red onion chopped
- 1½ pounds cherry tomatoes or ripe tomatoes, cut in chunks
- 1 ⁄3 cup kalamata olives
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt optional
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ bunch fresh basil leaves torn
- 3 ounces mixed baby greens
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place bread cubes on a baking sheet, and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Toast in oven until crisp and lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, whisk together remaining olive oil and vinegar. Add chickpeas, tuna, cucumber, radishes, onion, tomatoes, olives, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Use a fork to flake the tuna. Set aside.
- Just before serving, add bread cubes and basil, and stir to mix well. Allow to stand 15 minutes for flavors to blend. Serve over greens.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post