- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons water
- ½ cup oat flour (see step 2)
- ½ cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon maple sugar (or date sugar)
- 1½ cups almond milk
- Real maple syrup, fruit and nuts for topping
- Mix the ground flaxseed and water together in a small bowl, and let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Make your oat flour by processing ½ cup of oats in a food processor for about 30 seconds. The “flour” will have some texture to it.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl, and whisk together.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flaxseed and water mixture with the milk.
- Add the liquid to the dry ingredients, and stir well.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet. Once the skillet is hot, place ¼ cup of batter into the skillet, and cook until you see bubbles forming on top. Turn the pancake over, and cook until browned on both sides.
- Top with maple syrup, raspberries, blueberries, walnuts or other favorite toppings.
Adapted from recipe by Carol D’Anca in Real Food for Healthy People (Food Not Meds, 2015), foodnotmeds.com.