Photo Credit: Aaron Colussi
Mediterranean Spiralized Squash Salad
Use your spiralizer to transform zucchini into this fresh, Mediterranean inspired salad.
- 2 medium zucchinis (about 1 lb)
- 2 medium yellow squash (about 1 lb)
- 2 cups lightly packed fresh herbs (any combination of parsley, mint, basil, oregano, etc)
- ½ cup kalamata olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes packed in oil, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest of 1 small lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Using a spiralizer tool, slice squash into “noodles”. Trim with scissors to desired length. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Pile herbs on a large cutting board and finely mince. Toss with squash noodles.
- Add remaining ingredients, and stir to combine.
- Plan ahead for summer gatherings by prepping ingredients ahead of time. Wait to combine until just before serving for optimal texture.
Calories: 118kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Sodium: 522mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 0.5g