Mediterranean Spiralized Squash Salad
Use your spiralizer to transform zucchini into this fresh, Mediterranean inspired salad.
- 2 medium zucchinis (about 1 lb)
- 2 medium yellow squash (about 1 lb)
- 2 cups lightly packed fresh herbs (any combination of parsley, mint, basil, oregano, etc)
- ½ cup kalamata olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes packed in oil, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest of 1 small lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
Using a spiralizer tool, slice squash into “noodles”. Trim with scissors to desired length. Transfer to a large bowl.
Pile herbs on a large cutting board and finely mince. Toss with squash noodles.
Add remaining ingredients, and stir to combine.
Plan ahead for summer gatherings by prepping ingredients ahead of time. Wait to combine until just before serving for optimal texture.
Calories: 118kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Sodium: 522mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 0.5g