Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 large crisp apple, cut into ¼ inch matchsticks
- 1 pound salmon fillet
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1½ tablespoons spicy mustard
- 1½ teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 medium fennel bulb
- 4 cups packed arugula
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- ⅓ cup raw pumpkin seeds, toasted
- ⅓ cup currants or raisins
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, whisk together water, apple cider vinegar, salt and honey. Add apples, and submerge. Pickle apples for 20 minutes, or make ahead and store in the liquid in a jar and refrigerate.
- Place salmon skin-side down in a baking dish, and remove bones if necessary. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine mustard and maple syrup in a small dish, and brush over salmon to coat.
- Bake 15–20 minutes, until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, remove and compost stalks from fennel, reserving fronds for garnish. Slice bulb in half, remove core, and thinly slice.
- In a medium bowl combine fennel, arugula, feta, pumpkin seeds and currants, reserving some pumpkin seeds for garnish.
- To make dressing, whisk together lemon juice, honey and salt in a small bowl. Drizzle in oil to emulsify. Toss salad with dressing.
- Portion salmon into four pieces, gently removing from skin. Divide salad into four bowls and place on salmon. Top with a small mound of pickled apples, and garnish with reserved pumpkin seeds and chopped fennel fronds.
Calories: 471kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 28g | Sodium: 1507mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 10g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post