Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 2 ounces skinned fresh tuna
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 anchovy fillets, minced
- 2 teaspoons cognac
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil (I used part anchovy oil)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, minced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Slices of toasted baguette for serving
- Combine Dijon, anchovy, cognac and crushed red pepper in a large bowl. Add the oils, whisking constantly, until it emulsifies. Whisk in the lemon juice. Add the capers, parsley, and onion and stir to combine.
- Cut 3/4 of the tune into a 1/4-inch dice. Mince the remaining tuna in a food processor. Add the tuna to the vinaigrette and mix it until the fish absorbs the dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with toasted baguette slices.
Theresa Greco is the creator of The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine, where she shares her passion for delicious food and a healthy lifestyle with recipes and reviews. She spends her days working as a law librarian, but her nights and weekends are spent as a home chef, avid food writer and social media expert. She enjoys motivating people to eat healthier both in and out of the kitchen with recipes and dining choices that are inspired by her love for home cooked/non-processed foods.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post