Herbed-Gruyère Scrambled Eggs with Easy Almond-Flour Biscuits
Eggs, butter and good cheese—long at the heart of many traditional cuisines—have been welcomed back to the breakfast table with a ketogenic diet.
Share this Post
- 2 cups lightly packed almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) cold, unsalted butter; cubed
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1 teaspoons fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated Gruyère or Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place almond flour, baking powder and sea salt in a food processor. Pulse to combine. Add butter, and pulse to cut into flour mixture until it looks like coarse sand.
- Add the two beaten eggs to processor; blend until ingredients come together to form a soft dough.
- Grease a 9-inch cake pan. Using an oiled ¼-cup measuring cup, scoop out 8 biscuits, shaping them slightly as you remove from the cup. Place them evenly on a greased pan.
- Bake biscuits 15–20 minutes, until they are golden and firm to the touch.
- While biscuits are baking, crack eggs into a large mixing bowl, and whisk until whites and yolks are completely mixed. Stir in heavy cream, parsley, chives, salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a large, nonstick skillet over low heat. Pour eggs into pan, and gently stir with a silicone spatula or wooden spoon as eggs begin to set. Sprinkle cheese over the top, and gently stir it in. Continue to cook eggs over low heat until almost fully set but still slightly moist, 2–3 minutes.
- Divide eggs among four plates, and serve with a hot biscuit. Or serve with a keto-friendly Mission Carb Balance Flour Tortilla.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post