Photo Credit: Michael Katz
Fried Yuca with Cilantro Aioli Dipping Sauce
If you love french fries, try this unique vegetable fried.
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Approximately 3 pounds frozen or fresh yuca
- Oil for frying
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- ½ cup minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cup mayonnaise
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt and vinegar. Boil peeled yuca for about 45 to 50 minutes, until tender.
- Let yuca cool and dry completely.
- Cut the yuca into 2-inch-thick strips and deep fry in oil at 350°F.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve with Cilantro Aioli sauce.
- To make sauce: Mix together all the remaining ingredients except the mayo. Blend the ingredients using a hand blender until a fine purée forms, about 3 minutes. Combine with mayonnaise. Add salt and additional pepper if necessary.
These recipes come courtesy of The Versailles Restaurant Cookbook, a compilation of recipes from the world-famous Cuban restaurant in Miami. (University of Florida Press, 2014)