Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 5 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 1/4 cups organic cane sugar
- 1 cup water, preferably filtered or distilled
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Fresh mint leaves
- Bring the raspberries, sugar, and water to a boil in a medium-size saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and to a simmer and cook until most of the berries have fallen apart, about 3 minutes.
- Strain the raspberry mixture through a cheesecloth-lined fine-mesh strainer, pressing on the berries with the back of a large spoon, into a clean container to remove the seeds. When the berry mash is cool enough to handle, gather up the corners of the cheesecloth and gently squeeze out any excess juice into the container with the raspberry syrup. Add the vanilla and lemon juice, stirring until well combined. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Pour the sorbet mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s direction. Transfer the sorbet to a large airtight container, and freeze until sorbet is firm, approximately 3 hours. Scoop the sorbet into bowls and top each serving with a mint leaf.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post