Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 serrano or jalapeño chiles, stemmed and finely chopped
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels from 5–6 ears of corn, or substitute thawed from frozen
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or coarse sea salt
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped epazote leaves, or substitute cilantro
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup diced queso fresco
- In a soup pot set over medium-high heat, melt butter with oil. Once it sizzles, add onion and chiles. Cook 3–4 minutes, until completely wilted and beginning to brown.
- Add corn and salt, stir, and cook another 3 minutes. Add epazote or cilantro, and stir.
- Pour in chicken broth, and bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook 7–8 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Pour soup into bowls, and serve hot. Top with queso fresco.
Tried this recipe?Mention @WPRecipeMaker or tag #wprecipemaker!
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #livenaturallymagazine