Shop IngredientsHow this works
Servings: 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Spaghetti
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1 cup Fontina or Gruyère cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Fresh basil, slivered
- 1 jar Barilla® Traditional Tomato Sauce
- 1 2-pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh kale leaves, chopped, stems removed
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cups finely shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- In a large pot, bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil; add salt to taste and the pasta. Stir gently, then cook pasta 6 minutes; remove from heat and drain well. Return to pot and toss with 2 tablespoons oil.
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- In a shallow roasting pan, combine squash and the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil; toss to coat, then roast 25 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Remove from oven; reduce temperature to 350°F.
- In a 6-quart Dutch oven, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until onion is tender and translucent, stirring occasionally. Add kale and cook 1 to 2 minutes more until kale is slightly tender and wilted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sauce, pasta, squash, chicken, and salt and pepper to taste until combined. Transfer half of the pasta mixture to a 3-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with Fontina and ¼ cup of the Parmesan. Top with remaining pasta mixture.
- In a small bowl, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in the bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, and remaining ½ cup Parmesan. Sprinkle mixture over pasta in baking dish. Cover baking dish with foil.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350°F; remove foil and bake, uncovered, 20 minutes more or until heated through and cheese is melted. Top with basil.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post