We’re a month into 2017. How are you doing on your New Year’s resolutions? If one of them was to eat better, we’ve got some healthy recipes courtesy of Freeletics and its Freeletics Nutrition app to help you stay motivated, stay strong and stay on track. Today’s featured recipe is a fresh take on pizza! Tomorrow: Orange Dijon Chicken.
- 1/2 an eggplant
- 5 ounces tuna (water-packed)
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 sliced onion
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup grated low-fat mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut eggplant in 3/4-inch thick slices. Put slices on a paper towel then sprinkle with salt and let them lose water for 10 minutes.
- Drain tuna, dice mozzarella and broadly chop spinach.
- Sponge eggplant slices with a paper towel to remove excess salt and absorb released water.
- Garnish eggplant slices with chopped tomatoes, spinach, tuna, onions and mozzarella.
- Drizzle eggplant pizzas with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Place eggplant pizzas on tray and bake on middle rack, approximately 20 minutes.
Freeletics has been built around a single vision since day one: to help everyone in the world unleash their full physical and mental potential, and become the greatest version of themselves. Freeletics promotes and increases physical fitness as well as mental strength, willpower and self-confidence – all of which are vital tools for shaping a life in accordance with one’s desires and goals. Freeletics Nutrition is an app for a clean-eating lifestyle designed to work around your preferences, parameters and habits. With foodie-grade recipes, reaching your nutritional goals has never tasted this good!