Photo Credit: Courtesy of Adams Media
This anti-inflammatory juice is the color of sunshine and is sure to brighten any morning.
- 2 medium stalks celery
- 3 medium apples
- 1 medium lemon peeled and segmented
- Prepare the celery stalks by cutting them into the appropriate-sized pieces for your juicer.
- Prepare the apples by coring them and cutting them into appropriate-sized pieces for your juicer.
- Process the celery, apples, and lemon through the juicer.
- Consume immediately over ice or allow to chill in the refrigerator before serving.
Celery is well known as a low-calorie food with a high water content. Oh, but there’s so much more to this crunchy vegetable. While it’s a good source of vitamin C, more than a dozen other antioxidants have also been identified in celery. Its wide range of protective antioxidants is what makes celery a standout nutritionally. Celery contains a class of antioxidants known as phenolic acids. Phenolic acids have protective qualities and fight inflammation. It’s been found that these antioxidants inhibit protein denaturation, which is associated with increased inflammation. Consumption of celery juice has been studied and found to have an anti-inflammatory effect by decreasing levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines. While celery juice alone isn’t the most palatable juice, when combined with apples and lemon, it’s quite refreshing. This juice is the color of sunshine and is sure to brighten any morning.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 275kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 1.6g | Fat: 0.6g | Sodium: 70mg | Sugar: 59.3g