- 6 large eggs, divided
- 1 cup kasha (roasted buckwheat groats)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound fresh carrots, peeled
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Plain Greek yogurt, for garnish
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°; lightly grease cupcake tin with cooking oil spray. Bring vegetable stock to a simmer on stove.
- Meanwhile, beat one egg in a small bowl. Add kasha, and stir until well coated.
- Place egg and kasha mix in a saucepan over medium heat; stir constantly with a wooden spoon until egg begins to dry. Some of the kasha may stick together and/or brown slightly.
- Pour simmering vegetable stock over kasha, and stir thoroughly. Cover and cook over low heat 10–15 minutes or until kasha has absorbed all liquid. Remove from heat, fluff, and season with salt and pepper.
- Shred carrots in a food processor or with a cheese grater.
- In a small frying pan, heat oil over medium-high, and sauté onion until translucent and fragrant.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat remaining five eggs. Mix with kasha, shredded carrots, onions and salt, until well combined.
- Fill cupcake tins ¾ full, and bake until firm and golden brown, 35–40 minutes. Remove from tins, and serve warm with Greek yogurt and herbs. This dish is also a delicious cold snack.
PER SERVING: 170 CAL; 8G PROTEIN; 5G FAT; 24G CARB (5G SUGARS); 260MG SODIUM; 4G FIBER